Happy 50th Motivation Monday! I hope everyone had a relaxing Easter weekend spent with loved ones.
Easter is a great holiday for a few reasons. First of all, it’s the beginning of Spring and the weather is always perfect. Second, there are lot’s of jellybeans and chocolate bunnies involved. And last but absolutely not least, it’s a great reminder that our time here is not permanent.
Jesus died so that we may continue to live beyond this life. Even if you aren’t Christian, or don’t believe in God, you can’t deny that our time here is only temporary. We are all leaving this earth at some point, so shouldn’t we make our days on this planet count?
To me that means doing good things and attempting to make the world a better place for future generations. So I’ve come up with a list of things that you may be able to do in order to make a difference.
- Start a community garden
- Ride your bicycle if it’s an option
- Teach your children to have manners and care for others
- Recycle and find ways to cut down on your usage of plastic
- Stop buying products with questionable ingredients in them, especially if it’s something you’re consuming or putting on your body
- Plant flowers that bee’s can use to collect pollen
- Volunteer with an organization that you like or make donations
- Spend less time on your phone and computer and watch less TV
These things seem simple but I know that it can take some convincing. In fact, I’m even trying to convince myself to do some of these things. If we are all just a little more mindful of the things we do/buy/say on a daily basis, we will become more aware of what we should really be doing.
Just because were not going to be here forever doesn’t mean we shouldn’t take care of our home for now, in fact it’s all the more reason to do so because we don’t want to leave our grandchildren to suffer on a rotten planet.
Have a beautiful week and stay motivated!