I’ve been on a mission to find new recipes lately, it all started because I’ve been having the hardest time cooking for just myself. I’m so used to cooking for two or more and even then I usually have leftovers. I’m coming to the conclusion that cooking for one is nearly impossible, I tried cutting this recipe in half and it was still too much for one person.
These cheesy chicken and spinach puffs are sooo yummy and would be the perfect thing to bring to a potluck!
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
Yields: 2 Dozen
Heres what you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1/2′ cubes (I used Trader Joes already cooked “just grilled chicken” and it made the process so much easier)
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter/ soft
- 3 8oz cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat, cook onion and garlic stirring about 3 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add chicken and cook – if you’re not using Trader Joes already cooked chicken, cook thoroughly (5 mins or so) and then add spinach. Cook, stirring until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to colander and drain, then transfer to a large bowl and add ricotta, parmesan and butter, stirring until creamy.
- Unroll dough, add 1 tablespoon of filling into each triangle. Roll up and bake until filling ins heated through and dough is golden brown 9-12 minutes.
- Cool on rack and serve at room temperature.
I don’t have a great picture of how mine turned out because I was way too anxious to eat them. But here’s what I’ve got.