Today, my friend Chelsea and I decided to attempt to make cake pops for the first time. Although we messed up on a few minor things, we learned what to do differently next time! We decided to make them “Valentines Day” themed since it’s only a couple of weeks away!
So if you’d like to try and make these tasty treats for your valentine, here’s what you’ll need:
- Cake mix of your choice – we used red velvet and vanilla (mixed with sprinkles)
- The ingredients required on your box of cake mix – eggs, water, oil
- Frosting of your choice – we used cream cheese frosting
- Dipping chocolate of your choice – we got chocolate and vanilla
- Cake pop sticks – we used straws, I wouldn’t reccomend it
- Sprinkles and any other toppings you can think of
- Styrofoam – to stick them in while they dry
Place them in the freezer for 30 minutes.
One of our minor mistakes was that we forgot to buy foam or something of the sort to stick the pops in after dipping and decorating them. We poked holes in a cardboard box instead, it worked but it was sketchy and not pretty. (Which is why I won’t post a picture of it)
Allow them to dry and either eat them or package them up to give to your Valentine! ❤️💕