Unfortunately the weather has been pretty gloomy lately but it gave me the perfect opportunity to make my favorite type of food… SOUP!
I wanted to try something new and on the healthier side, so I purchased these organic ingredients and got started:
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic/or garlic paste
- 1 sweet yellow onion- chopped
- 3 carrots- thinly sliced
- 17.6 oz pack of pre-cooked Lentils
- 2 cans of Cannellini Beans
- 2 cups of Baby Kale
- 1 carton of Vegetable Broth
- Fresh Thyme
- 1/4 of a lemons juice (optional)
- Freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
1-Start by cutting the veggies then heat a large soup pot containing the olive oil and garlic paste. Add the carrots, onion and fresh thyme.
2- Cook veggies at medium high heat for about ten minutes.
5- Add the seasonings of your choice and more fresh thyme if you’d like.
And that’s it! So easy, healthy and filling! Yum!